Article 5: ORGANS OF MOSA DETE AND THEIR FUNCTIONS
Old Students Chapters of MOSA Dete;
- MOSA Dete shall have chapters that may be based on cities or towns, countries, regions, or other operationally feasible grouping where there is enough membership to fill all positions, and as desired by the members;
- a group of Old Students shall qualify to be registered as a Chapter after approval by the Executive Committee;
- each Chapter shall operate in accordance with the functions of MOSA Dete as spelt out in this Constitution;
- each Chapter shall have a Committee comprising the following office bearers;
- the Chairperson, who shall perform the functions of MOSA Dete’s President stipulated in Article 5: at the Chapter level;
- the Secretary, who shall perform the functions of MOSA Dete’s Secretary General stipulated in Article 5 at the Chapter level; and
- the Treasurer, who shall perform the functions of the Treasurer General stipulated in Article 5 at the Chapter level.
- Elections and terms of office for Chapter Committee members shall be as follows;
- office bearers for the Chapters shall be elected during the General Meeting of the Chapters;
- office bearers shall be elected by a majority vote from among the members of the Chapters;
- the term of office for office bearers shall be two years and shall resume duty at the close of the regular meeting of the General Meeting at which they were elected and end at the close of the succeeding regular meeting at which a new Chapter Committee was elected;
- any position that falls vacant between regular General meetings may be filled by a majority vote of the members of the Chapter until the close of the next regular General Meeting;
- each Chapter shall develop its own program of activities based on the annual plan of MOSA Dete; and
- Chapters shall remain in constant contact with the Secretariat and the Executive Committee.