- A national of, or have refugee status, in one of the following countries: Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe
- Normally resident in one of the above countries
- In possession of a good first degree (minimum second class, upper division or equivalent) or about to graduate in the year of application
- Studying or applying to study at a South African university
Whats on offer
- Scholarships of up to R50,000 per academic year for scholars at Masters and PhD levl
- Support for both full and part-time study
- Applications from those who wish to study by distance learning also considered
How to apply
- The application process normally opens in June and closes in August, for study commencing in January the following year.
- When we are open applicants can access the application forms and guidelines on the organization’s webpage.
- Applicants must apply to their chosen universities separately and awards are conditional on the applicant being offered a place at the relevant university.