The Marist Old Students Association Dete (MOSA DETE) is undertaking a number of projects for Marist Brothers Secondary School, Dete (Zimbabwe). Your help is most appreciated.
PayPal and Credit Card payments
We accept PayPal and Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard, Amex, etc) donations and payments . Please use the tool on this page – you will be directed to the payments/donations collection page.
Alternative methods of donating are available. Please get in touch.
Next: The School Bakery (US$12,000 or GBP7,500)
Our school has many needs, but our flagship project is the school bakery: it will empower the school and help drive and fund further developments. Key to this is that the bakery will not subsidise school fees, but will sell to the school to generate ongoing income. Revenue generated will be used to sustain and maintain the facility, as well as to develop other areas in order to future-proof the school.
The bakery will be run by the school, on behalf of the Old Students Association, entirely for the benefit of the school.
Why a bakery?
- Boarding school: Marist Dete is a boarding Secondary school with 514 active and growing boys and girls. Bread is in high demand and forms a significant part of the school’s diet.
- Isolated: Marist is located on the edge of the Hwange National Park, 68km from Hwange and 300km from Bulawayo. All bread is currently ‘imported’ from Bulawayo (300km), with the need for daily deliveries making the process a lot more costly.
- Marist have identified the installation of a bakery at the school as a potential ‘game changer‘.
- Marist already offer ‘Food & Nutrition‘ classes and will thus easily adapt to the new acquisition.
- Achieving self-sufficiency with a self sustaining project: The facility will maintain itself.
- Funding other solutions: funds raised will go towards the acquisition of other sustainable solutions such as solar power for lighting.
Thank you for your help. Please spread the word – and help us reach our goals sooner!
Please visit our Accountability Page for more …
|Member ID||Contribution ID||Date||US$|